Ok, I'm off the ledge. I went into this baseball season hoping to just make the playoffs - Mission Accomplished - but after a great season (best record in baseball) I am hoping for more.
The Mets destroyed the Dodgers and their "great" pitching staff. But now the Mets are one loss away from elimination. The Mets got rain (the second time) when it was convenient but still came up short. But as Tug McGraw is credited in saying "YA GOTTA BELIVE!"
I can't point my finger at a particular moment or anything like this that got the Mets into this situation. Un-clutch hitting. Lack of starting pitching depth? Yeah.
The stars would be Carlos Delgado, Carlos Beltran and Jose "Porno" Valentin. While David Wright has come up so small. One hit all NLCS and every single game a ball hit down the line right past him. Hey David take one step closer to the line. Reyes has great range, you don't need to cheat over that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment