Monday

Thanksgiving weekend ... part 1

It was a very full (so to speak) long weekend so I’ll jump through the high lights pretty quickly. Wednesday was pretty mellow here at work. And when I got home, Ani said I didn’t have to clean the man-room. SWEET! I sat back since everything was done and relaxed. We watched something on TV together; I don’t know what it was. I do know that I enjoyed a few beers.

I have to update my beer blog. I think with the beers I haven’t posted yet, I’m at about 12 beers to go with 33 days left. It is so happening

Thursday was very nice. Not weather wise, I made a mad trip around trying to find a turkey injector. We couldn’t find the needle for ours. We made due and the turkey unofficially named “Turkey St. Claire” was juicy and delicious. And it was a freak as I found a mysterious third leg on the bottom.

Mom, Ani’s parents and brother joined us for our feast. All was good. Everyone ate drank and was merry. After everyone left, Kelvin and Shawnda came over, all of us were so full. Though we did break out the carrot cake I bought at the farmers market it Union Square. The first thing Kelvin and me said to each other was … no way can I eat the three-pound burger. Oh I’ll get to that.

On Friday, Ani wasn’t feeling so good, so we headed over to her doctor and she got a new prescription. We also got a chance to get our new camera. Ani and I’s Christmas gift to each other. It is pretty neat. We haven’t really used it yet, since I’m still looking for a properly sized bag to carry it. But I’m psyched up, hopefully we’ll get to test it out this weekend.

Later on I led the troop in planting bulbs. Here are my observations about it. These kids are stupid. There was a hot young mother (no way older than 23-24) she had her little 4-year-old son with her. They helped plant some bulbs, no flirting from them. Sad. Then all you have to tell a kid is “if you finish in 15 minutes then we’ll get pizza” you’ll get work done fast. The pizza sucked.

We took Ani’s parents out for their anniversary to Red Lobster … remind me never to drive on Queens Boulevard from Thanksgiving to Christmas ever again.

No comments: