Monday

Random Acts of Kindness

I have been thinking a lot about what I can do in the wake of the Newtown massacre. When there is a storm you can send money for relief efforts, and yes there are some funds being collected. But I'm not sure that is the kind of thing that will help.

In the past few days, things that I have seen gave me an idea. Yesterday's Daily News had the headline that said "if these twenty deaths can't change us nothing will". Last week, while at Target my car battery died and a stranger helped jump start my car. He probably needed to go shopping, but he took a few minutes to help a stranger. It was a random act of kindness. See what I did there.

So I am taking a pledge to commit 26 Random Acts of Kindness between now and December 14 2013. These will be to complete strangers, I'm going to note them somewhere but not publisize it. It's not about me doing nice things. It's about making the world a little bit better.

From my calculations, I need to do at least one kind act every other week. And if everyone who reads this does 26 RAKs and passes it along to their friends and they do twenty six, perhaps we all can do something that makes our world a little bit better.

No comments: